Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA) ROM
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) ROMsGenre: Action-Adventure
Rating: ESRB: E, ESRB: K-A, OFLC: PG, CERO: A
How to Play this Game ?
Game Description & Reviews:
Legend Of Zelda: A link to the Past is the third game of the Zelda series, You play as Link and your main goal is to travel around hyrule and rescue Princess Zelda and defeat the dark wizard Gannon, and reclaim the stolen triforce and bring peace once again to the land of Hyrule. To defeat Gannon you must travel Hyrule and collect the three pendant of power, wisdom, and courage and obtain the master sword. You must also traverse the dark world and free the seven maidens who are the descendants of the seven sages who sealed Gannon away.
A Link to the Past is one of the all time best adventure games in existence. I am one of those people who loves the idea of an RPG, but not the major thought process it takes to decide all of the atributes for the new character, use cumbersome magic spells, etc. While this doesn't really qualify as an RPG, it still has all of the great qualities that someone like me really appreciates.
We start out with our hero , who is an average kid, who just happens to be the only person that can save seven kidnapped princesses and save the world from evil. The main bad guy, Gannon, is really a challenge, and the lesser bosses are both inventively drawn and just difficult enough to beat to give you a run for your money without causing you to give up in frustration. (I have actually played through and beaten the game several times over the last 10 yrs. and I still find it challenging and fun.) With it's great puzzles and compelling story, I would recomend this game to anyone who wants a great adventure without all of the hassle of a traditional RPG!
This title is a major step up from the graphics and gameplay of the first Zelda game on NES.
The name is really misleading however.
Ocarina of Time should have been called A Link to the Past. And Majora's Mask should have been called Ocarina of Time (seeing as you travel through time using the ocarina). Not too sure what a better name for this one would've been, though...
You play as young link, nephew of a swordsman who dies immediately and gives you his sword and shield which you can use better than him. You carry on to the dungeon of the castle and save Zelda. No seriously, you save Zelda in the first 3 minutes of gameplay. After escorting Zelda to a sanctuary you are branded a kidnapper by the Hylian knights under control of the evil wizard who's name eludes me. Something with an "A"... "Aginimminahmana"... "Agamemnon"... No, that's Greek Mythology... Semantics.
Anyway, wizard. Evil. Antogonist. Plot importance.
The wise man of the sanctuary sends you on your first quest: Finding the 3 pendants. They serve as a fashion statement that the Master Sword respects and let's you remove it from the pedestal it is placed it. Now that you have the Master Sword it's time to do plot important things in the Dark World. Vagueness preserves story for those who haven't played yet. Now you must save the other princesses from Ganon's wrath (don't tell Zelda). Ganon will beak the seal, unleashing terrible cosplay and internet trolls in all of Hyrule if you do not succeed. No pressure.
All in all, a great game. Common enough to be easily purchased on the web or at a community market. Classic enough for people to try to rip you off. Shop smart if you want the cartridge.
This extremely bad review is brought to you by arbleich, caffeine, and the letter R.
Please drink responsibly.
Long ago, the goddesses who created the land of Hyrule sealed away their power in a mystical relic called the Triforce. Legend said the Triforce would grant the wish of anybody who found it, and the wish would take on the form of the wisher’s heart – good or evil. People began fighting over the Golden Power, so the seven wisest sages used their power to seal the Triforce in an alternate realm known as the Golden Land, forever away from human hands. But years later an evil man named Ganon found the way there, and his dark heart transformed the Golden Land. From there, he’s kidnapped the seven maidens of Hyrule – the descendants of the wise men, and schemes to use their power to break free and spread his darkness all over Hyrule. You, as a young boy named Link, have been chosen to fight Ganon and stop his evil once and for all.
The setting should be familiar to anybody who’s played a Zelda game, but that’s okay; it’s nearly as timeless as any real legend. A Link to the Past is one of Nintendo’s crowning achievements on the Super Nintendo, and one of the best games ever created. It’s an action-adventure game, and in it you journey across Hyrule and the Dark World to find clues and hidden treasure to help you defeat Ganon. You solve puzzles in elaborate dungeons, defeat big bosses, and earn new powerful weapons and other items to assist you. The puzzles are satisfying to solve, and like many Nintendo games, they challenge but not frustrate. It’s an incredible game, and nobody’s Super Nintendo collection should be without it. Get it, now! If you haven’t played it, you owe it to yourself to.
This has to be one of the best games for SNES of all time. I was glad to be able to play it again.
The quests might be frustrating at times, but that is part of the game being challenging.
Even though the rating system goes up to 5 I would give it a 10.
|Read all 10 reviews for Legend of Zelda, The - A Link to the Past (USA)||Submit your description for this title!|
Rate this game
User Submitted Media:
Suggest an Emulator:
If you know the best emulator for this game, please suggest an emulator above to help out other users.
Share with your Friends:
Support Emuparadise:Find out how else you can support emuparadise.
It's free, easy and feels damn good!
For starters, share this page with your friends.
Use the links above : )
This game is unavailable (?)Don't be disheartened, we still have tons of awesome games for you! Browse the rest of our SNES ROMs.
- Seiken Densetsu 3 »[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan) [En by LNF+Neill Corlett+SoM2Freak v1.01] [Hack by Parlance v1.0] (3 Player Edition)[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan) [En by LNF+Neill Corlett+SoM2Freak v1.01] [Title Hack by Dragonsbrethren v1.0] (~Secret of Mana 2)[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan) [En by LNF+Neill Corlett+SoM2Freak v1.01][SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan) (Sample)[SNES] Seiken Densetsu 3 (Japan)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver »
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance »
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 »
- Alundra »
- Beyond Oasis »
- EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear »
- CIMA: The Enemy »
- Illusion of Gaia »
- Virtual Hydlide »
- Shining Wisdom »
- Silver »
- Goof Troop »
- Blaster Master »
- Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime »
- Crusader of Centy »
- Golvellius: Valley of Doom »
- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain »
- Neutopia »
- Neutopia II »
- Magic Knight Rayearth »
- The Legend of Oasis »
- Lagoon »[SNES] Lagoon (Europe)[SNES] Lagoon (Germany)[SNES] Lagoon (Japan)[SNES] Lagoon (USA)[X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 1 of 4)(System)[a2][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 1 of 4)(System)[a3][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 1 of 4)(System)[a][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 1 of 4)(System)[X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 2 of 4)(Disk 1)[a][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 2 of 4)(Disk 1)[X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 3 of 4)(Disk 2)[a2][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 3 of 4)(Disk 2)[a][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 3 of 4)(Disk 2)[X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 4 of 4)(Disk 3)[a2][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 4 of 4)(Disk 3)[a][X68K] Lagoon (1990)(Zoom)(Disk 4 of 4)(Disk 3)
- Brain Lord »
- Dragon View »
- Young Merlin »
- Shin Bokura no Taiyou Gyakushuu no Sabata »
- Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest: Shougeki no Shippo Dan »
- Juka and the Monophonic Menace »
- Conker's Pocket Tales »
- Willow »[Amiga] Willow[MAME] Willow (Japan, English)[MAME] Willow (Japan, Japanese)[MAME] Willow (US)[NES] Willow (Europe)[NES] Willow (Japan)[NES] Willow (USA)[DOS] Willow (1987)(Mindscape Inc)[CPS1] Willow (Japan, English)[CPS1] Willow (Japan, Japanese)[CPS1] Willow (US)[Atari ST] Willow (1988)(Mindscape)[cr Atarilegend][Atari ST] Willow (1988)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[a][Atari ST] Willow (1988)(Mindscape)(Disk 1 of 2)[Atari ST] Willow (1988)(Mindscape)(Disk 2 of 2)[a][Atari ST] Willow (1988)(Mindscape)(Disk 2 of 2)[MAME] Willow (USA Old Ver.)
- Crystalis »
- Back to Stone »
- Sigma Star Saga »
- Klonoa Heroes: Densetsu no Star Medal »
- Alcahest »
- Marvelous: Mouhitotsu no Takarajima »
- Robotrek »
- Shantae »
- Sword of Mana »
- The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang »
- Monster Force »
- Wild Arms »
- LandStalker: The Treasures of King Nole »
- Legends »
- Hydlide »
- Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World »
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game »
- Terranigma »