Super Mario World (USA) ROM
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) ROMsGenre: PlatformerRating: ESRB: E, PEGI: 3+
How to Play this Game ?
Game Description & Reviews:
After saving the Mushroom Kingdom, brothers Mario and Luigi agree to take a vacation to a place called Dinosaur Land, where there are many types of dinosaurs. While resting in the beach, however, Princess Peach disappears. When Mario and Luigi wake up they try to find her and, after hours of searching, come across a giant egg in the forest. It suddenly hatches and out of it comes a young dinosaur named Yoshi, who then tells them that his dinosaur friends have also been imprisoned in eggs by evil turtles. Mario and Luigi soon realize that it must be the evil King Koopa Bowser and his Koopalings.
Mario, Luigi and Yoshi set out to save Princess Toadstool and Yoshi's dinosaur friends, exploring Dinosaur Land for Bowser and his Koopalings. To aid him, Yoshi gives Mario a cape as they begin their journey. Mario and Luigi continue to follow Bowser defeating the koopalings in the process and save all of Yoshi's dinosaur friends. They eventually make it to Bowser's castle, where they fight him in a final battle. They defeat Bowser and save the Princess, restoring peace to Dinosaur Land.
I once owned super mario world when I was young, having beat the game several dozen times I moved on, later I was looking for emulations for my snes and came across the game again, I've been playing this game straight since I downloaded it and am glad to have it back in my collection. Cant believe I ever put the game down in the first place.
As a kid, this was a game I couldn't stop playing non-stop. I would literally play this game for hours because it was that fun. You play as Mario or Luigi and travel through Dinosaur Island as you try to rescue Peach from Bowser. You'll also stumble upon the island natives called Yoshi's, which you can ride around on. Super Mario World has classic power ups, including a new cape one. There is a lot of levels in this game leaving for a lot of exploring to be done, meaning it's not enough to beat the game for a 100%. I can't think of a better SNES game. This is among the best with the Country series, Zelda: Link to the Past and Super Mario RPG.
Oh, Mario. Is there any gamer who doesn't know him? The mustachioed plumber is a worldwide icon, and Super Mario World was Nintendo's flagship title intended to set the standard of the awesome things to come on the Super Nintendo. It's pure platforming bliss, and one of the best games on the console. As Mario, you run and jump jump jump through levels, stomping on your enemies, flying with a bright yellow cape, and throwing fireballs, all while on a mission to rescue that damsel-in-constant-distress Princess Peach from the nefarious Bowser.
I really can't say enough good things about the game. The levels are fun, and balanced just enough to challenge but not to frustrate. There are plenty of secrets to find. Many levels have secondary exits that lead to entire extra sections of the world map, and sometimes even shortcuts! If you SOMEHOW missed Mario's first Super Nintendo adventure, you definitely want to check it out. It's a shining example of why we love video games to begin with.
I have owned this game for 12+ years, and still I enjoy it just as much as when I first got it!
The game just cannot get old. There are several different worlds/levels, and many courses within each world. In many of the courses, too, there is more than one way out of them (they all have the traditional completion and some there is a key hidden within the course and you can exit through there as well). So with such a variance, it's hard to get bored of this game.
The difficulty level is pretty average in my opinion. The easiest levels are pretty basic, and even someone who hasn't played a video game before in their life could probably get a decent way through them. The hardest levels are HARD, but that's how they're supposed to be, and I find that very nice.
This game can be up to a two player, with the first player controlling Mario and the second player Luigi. The gameplay is quite similar to that of the Super Mario Bros. series, only much improved and enhanced.
I've played all of the Super Mario games for the SNES, and Super Mario World is by far my favorite! I honestly cannot find one thing to complain about with this game, for even the length of this game was quite decent.
|Read all 9 reviews for Super Mario World (USA)||Submit your description for this title!|
Rate this game
User Submitted Media:
Suggest an Emulator:
If you know the best emulator for this game, please suggest an emulator above to help out other users.
Share with your Friends:
Support Emuparadise:Find out how else you can support emuparadise.
It's free, easy and feels damn good!
For starters, share this page with your friends.
Use the links above : )
Direct Download Links:
- Bubsy In: Fractured Furry Tales »
- Bubsy in: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind »
- Mickey Mania »
- Kirby Super Star »
- Jak II »
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves »
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels »
- Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko »
- Chameleon Twist 2 »
- Clockwork Knight »
- Looney Tunes Back in Action »
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! »
- Aero the Acro-Bat 2 »
- James Pond 3: Operation Starfish »
- M.C. Kids »
- The Ren & Stimpy Show: Veediots! »
- Sonic CD »
- Plok »
- Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday »
- Hook »
- Super Adventure Island II »
- Donkey Kong Country »[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Rev A)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (Europe) (En,Fr,De)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (USA) (Competition Edition)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (USA) (Rev A)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (USA) (Rev B)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country (USA)[GBA] Donkey Kong Country (E)(Menace)[GBA] Donkey Kong Country (U)(Evasion)[GBC] Donkey Kong 2001 (Japan)[GBC] Donkey Kong Country (USA, Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It) (Sample)[GBC] Donkey Kong Country (USA, Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest »[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (Europe) (En,Fr) (Rev A)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (Germany) (En,De) (Rev A)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (Germany) (En,De)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (USA) (En,Fr) (Rev A)[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (USA) (En,Fr)[SNES] Super Donkey Kong 2 - Dixie & Diddy (Japan) (Rev A)[SNES] Super Donkey Kong 2 - Dixie & Diddy (Japan)[SNES] Super Donkey Kong (Japan) (Rev A)[SNES] Super Donkey Kong (Japan)[GBA] Super Donkey Kong (J)(Rising Sun)[GBA] Donkey Kong Country 2 (E)(Morrigan)[GBA] Super Donkey Kong 2 (J)(Caravan)[GBA] Donkey Kong Country 2 (U)(Independent)
- Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back »
- Frantic Flea »
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 »
- Sonic & Knuckles »
- Prehistorik Man »
- Psycho Fox »
- Flip-iT & Magnose »
- Keio Flying Squadron 2 »
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams »
- Skyblazer »